Shop

    HomeShopImported, M.Chapoutier, WhiteM. Chapoutier Condrieu ‘Invitare’

    M. Chapoutier Condrieu ‘Invitare’

    $80.00

    In stock

    Categories: , ,
    Description

    Description

    Tasting Notes

    Grape variety: Viognier.

    Harvest: Hand-harvesting at optimal maturity.

    Soil: The soils are composed of schist and altered granites which come through in the wine as aromatic power and great complexity. This type of soil also gives the wine freshness and minerality.

    Vinification: After pressing, the must is cold-settling for 48 hours. Alcoholic fermentation occurs at temperatures between 16 and 18°C with a part ageing in oak casks.

    Ageing: Short ageing on the lees of around 8 months to preserve freshness and the varietal character of the grape. Ageing is carried out in wood to give the wine complexity and magnitude. 15% of the wine is aged in new barrels to preserve the freshness of the fruit. The remaining 85% are aged in demi-muids previously used for one to two vintages, which gives the wine consistency, power and aromatic complexity.

    Tasting Notes
    Appearance: Deep gold, golden yellow with green lights.

    Nose: Exotic fruit (pineapple), acacia blossom, lychee, apricot and peach.

    Palate: Round, full, good length in mouth with a final of vanilla.

    Additional information

    Additional information

    bottle-size

    750ml

    colour

    White

    vintage

    2022